The power industry is one of the largest industries that IA Mechanical serves. In addition to normal power plant equipment and care, this industry also deals with Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) units that require additional care and attention. With state-of-the-art equipment and a highly skilled team, no job is too complex for us to complete.
Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) technology is essential to counteract the adverse effects of sulfur oxides in the environment. Sulfur oxide is released during many processes in the power industry. This technology has become even more crucial for the power industry recently because of growing environmental regulations implemented by federal and local governments.
FGD Scrubber systems are used to maintain appropriate levels of sulfur oxide. With recent regulations, these have grown in population as companies are required to retrofit them to their current exhaust systems. There are two types of scrubber systems: wet and dry. Wet scrubbers collect harmful substances with water or a different type of liquid and work with both gaseous and solid material; whereas dry scrubbers use specific chemicals that target, absorb, and dissolve harmful substances and work for gaseous materials.
• FGD Retrofitting – As mentioned above, many companies are being forced to install FGD systems into current exhaust systems. IA Mechanical can work with your company to ensure that the new system will function properly and meet today’s emissions requirements.
• FGD Scrubber Repairs – If FGD Scrubber systems fall below the emissions standards, they are likely going to need to be repaired. Two main issues are usually the culprit: calcium scale issues and pumps, pipes & booster fan piece failure. Regardless of the cause, IA Mechanical will help to quickly resolve the issue and help you avoid any emissions penalties.
• FGD Scrubber Maintenance – Like with any other piece of equipment, there is room for regular failure if maintenance is neglected. We can work with you to avoid unexpected issues and extend the life of your FGD system with a specialized maintenance plan.
Along with services special to FGD systems, we also perform repairs and maintenance on all aspects of power industry facilities. Below are some of the other services we offer.
- HVAC systems set up – we provide end-to-end HVAC system build and maintenance ensuring efficient and sustainable solutions.
- Plumbing systems set up – we provide water, wastewater treatment, and plumbing solutions for facilities from beginning to end.
- Welding and Fabrication services – we will work with your facility on any product or piece of equipment that you may need customized. Our highly skilled team will ensure satisfaction for every job we complete.
- 24/7 repair and maintenance – for any aspect of the plant, we are available to provide emergency services or planned maintenance to make sure your facility is running the best it can.
Call IA Mechanical today to assist with any power industry repair or maintenance issue or FGD Scrubber issue. Our expert team will ensure you are receiving the best support possible for any issues you encounter with your FGD Scrubber systems or any other issues you may encounter at your plant.