Industrial Access collaborates with energy clients to help improve infrastructure & keep up with preventive maintenance. We use our multicraft capabilities with advanced rope access techniques to provide unique and cost effective solutions for demanding engineering and construction challenges.
Industrial Access services, repairs, and maintains structures in power generation facilities. Our certified technicians perform any high angle or hard-to-reach tasks on structures throughout your plant. From the cleaning & inspection of industrial chimneys and smokestacks, ductwork and breaching repairs, and cooling tower, silo & tank repairs and maintenance, our highly trained technicians provide effective solutions that meet the most demanding schedule requirements.
Power Plant Facility Managers turn to Industrial Access for:
- Concrete, Steel, FRP (Fiber Reinforced Polymer) structure, chimney and stack inspection and repair
- Coatings, painting and surface reconditioning including removing scale and rust preparing surface for repair, painting or application of protective coatings and lining materials.
- Installation and repair of safety platforms, ladders, access structures, and lighting & lightning protection on all structures, chimneys and stacks
- NDT methods include Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UT), Schmidt Hammer Testing, Laser Surveys, and Hot Camera Inspections and are used to determine the strength or longevity of a structure without needing to remove samples of the material. These methods are designed to examine the condition & strength of a structure in a manner that does not affect its usefulness or performance. UT testing is the most popular NDT method & uses UT meters to test for thinning of material from corrosion or erosion or excessive wear. NDT tests provide a baseline measurement along with subsequent periodic results of structural characteristics such as the material’s surface hardness, density, and thickness. These details can support sound choices for future repair or replacement expenditures.
- FRP Sampling utilizes samples taken from existing FRP structures and tested by a qualified laboratory to determine their condition, predict their remaining service life and recommend any required repairs. Sampling sites are repaired as samples are removed.
- Infrared Thermography can be used to spot leakage of heat through welds, couplings, valves or through a junction or connection within structures, piping, ductwork, breaching or stack construction. If variations of temperature are present, it can indicate weak spots or leakage, which can allow us to get ahead of breakdowns and outages by spotting weak spots and quickly repairing or servicing these vulnerabilities.
- Petrographic Testing uses physical material samples or borings from the structure which is sent off for laboratory testing to determine structural integrity and strength.
We provide general power plant services on structures and units within your generation facilities, including –
Chimneys, Stacks & Towers
Silos, Tanks & Vessels
Circulating Water Systems
Docks & Piers
Barge Unloading Systems
Elevated Conveyor Structures
Our team of fully trained rope access technicians specializes in performing tasks for structures that are unique to certain types of power generation; such as coal or hydroelectric. Here is a look at services we offer regarding coal & hydroelectric energy plants:
Coal Plant Chimneys
Coal industrial chimneys / smokestack repair & relining
Industrial Chimney sweeping / cleaning
Concrete Repair, Coatings, Resurfacing & Painting
Repair missing and loose chimney refractory lining – Gunite brick & FRP liners repair
Chimney ash removal
Chimney Cap & Rain Hood repair / replacements
FRP liners inspected and repaired
Parabolic Cooling Tower inspection and repair
Ductwork & Breaching repair
Concrete inspection on dams
Access planning for engineering applications
Safety planning & implementation
High Angle Inspections
Spill Gate inspections & maintenance
Dam & Penstock inspections
Give us a call to find out what we can do for your Power Generation Plant or Facility at: 877-697-9337 | 770-255-1313 – firstname.lastname@example.org